Monday, December 13, 2010

::recipe::

Now, as I have mentioned before, I am not a huge breakfast person. I don't really like to eat breakfast, although I make myself do it regardless...and usually it's something like egg whites and multigrain toast...other then that...I don't dabble in breakfast recipes all that often.
And if all else fails, there is always Tim Horton's. ;)
I decided anyways, to post a recipe up that is breakfast-y...it's also something that I am willing to try out as well. It looks delicious and it looks like it would smell absolutely heavenly.
I got this recipe from the Canadian Living website.
If you guys give this a shot before I do, let me know what you think of it and if it's worth trying. :) {Which I am sure it will be. :)}
Bon Appetit!


Maple-Baked Grains with Banana's & Pecans

Toasting the grains before baking this creamy breakfast adds a deep nutty flavour. Substitute your favorite fruits and nuts for the bananas and pecans if you like.

This recipe makes 4 servings.



Ingredients
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) 10-grain cereal
2 cups (500 mL) milk
1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
2 sliced bananas
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans

Preparation
In skillet, toast cereal over medium heat, stirring often, until light golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
Stir in milk, 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water, maple syrup and salt. Scrape into greased 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
Bake in 400F (2ooC) oven until liquid is absorbed and grains are softened, about 45 minutes. Serve topped with bananas and pecans.


Pretty simple breakfast dish!
More recipes and posts to come. :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment