Wednesday, December 15, 2010

::recipe::

One of my most favorite seafood or food to cook in general is shrimp.
When I was younger I didn't dare touch the stuff. It looked uber creepy and I just refused to try it. But then one day I gave it a shot and I didn't quite mind it.
Then after that infamous taste test {it took like, half an hour to convince me to try it} my Dad began cooking it in a pan with oodles of garlic and it was soooooooo freakin' delicious. Then when my parents left I didn't dabble much in cooking. I never really cooked when I lived at home, but when I moved out on my own with my boyfriend I had to start feeding us somehow...first I did alot of frozen food dinners {ew ew ew} and then I began to try different things. I could make pasta...and that was pretty much it.
But my Mom pushed me a long a little bit and began sending me recipes that I played around with and pretty soon I was a pretty good cook! Now I try different recipes and get a tun of cookbooks from some of my favorite chefs or just ones that are jampacked with recipes. Anyways, at one point, I was kookoobanana's over shrimp, every recipe I tried involved shrimp ~ pretty sure my boyfriend was beginning to get super sick of shrimp and everyone would make comments because that's all I ever brought back from the grocery store.
I have toned down the shrimp obsession though but did find this delicious looking recipe on Martha Stewart Living website {it was also featured on the Martha Stewart Show in March of 2007}. So here you go, a delicious recipe and the star of the show is...SHRIMP!
Bon Appetit!


Lemon-Rosemary Grilled Shrimp

This simple and healthy recipe for lemon-rosemary grilled shrimp comes from "The Ciminelli Solution" by Sue Ciminelli.

Serves: 3 to 4

Ingredients
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Juice and zest from 1 lemon
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground white pepper

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, 1 tablespoon rosemary and half of the lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.

2. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Place shrimp on pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer shrimp to a serving platter and drizzle with remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon rosemary and lemon zest; serve immediately.


There ya go! A delicious shrimp recipe for you to try!
You can try this recipe and throw it in a salad, have it as a side or appetizer or throw it in with some rice noodles.
Let me know if you guys tried this and how you like it. :)


-S.*

(Source: Recipe and Image from Martha Stewart Living Website)

No comments:

Post a Comment