Thursday, December 30, 2010

::recipe::

I know that a little while ago I posted a recipe similiar to this one. But I found this and decided to share it with you anyways.
I love seafood and I love mushrooms, so it's great when I can find recipes that combine the two! Lol. A little while ago, my Mom bought me my first cookbook. It's nothing fancy schmancy or written by the chef of the "moment". It's a great little fat book called "1000 Recipe Cookbook - Easy to Follow Recipes for all Occasions". And let me tell you, there are soooo many recipes in here. So I am grateful for my Mom getting this first cookbook for me. I will have it forever. :) It actually reminds me of some of her old Polish cookbooks that she had. Which one day I would like to steal from her. Lol.
So, as I said, this is a variation of the crab-stuffed mushrooms that I posted a little while ago. It's always nice to have a bit of variation in your recipes and I think this recipe is one of them. So I hope you enjoy!
Bon Appetit!


Salmon-filled Mushroom Cups
Serves: 6

Ingredients
200 g (7 oz ) canned salmon {you can use fresh though as well}
25g (1 oz) fine dried breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped onions {I would prefer green onion}
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
18 large fresh mushrooms, caps about 4cm in diameter
2 tablespoons red pepper, diced
Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the salmon, breadcrumbs, onion and parsley. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Remove the stalks from the mushrooms, and wipe the mushroom caps with damp kitchen paper {I think they mean paper towel, lol}. Put in a baking tray, crown side down. Mould the salmon mixture into the caps. Put a little red pepper on top of each cup.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender. Serve hot.


I definitely think that anything that is stuffed into mushrooms makes an awesome appetizer. And since I also love salmon, I think this is a great alternative to crab. Of course you can use any seafood of your choice, shrimp, any kind of fish, or even small scallops sliced {I wonder how that would taste}.
If you want to add a little creaminess then add some cream cheese to your mixture as well.
Let me know if you guys try out the salmon mushroom cups and what you think. :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment