Friday, December 03, 2010

::side:dish::

Hello!
So, Christmas is fastly approaching and many different families and cultures have so many different traditions.
My background is Polish and I live in Canada ~ alot of people don't understand some of my traditions, or some of the food that we eat. For example, we don't eat any meat on Christmas at all. And we don't drink. A glass of wine here or there is okay, but no hard liquor.
So for our Christmas dinner {which isn't on Christmas Day but on Christmas Eve} consists of a TUN of vegetables, fish and breads.
So I am going to post some side dishes that sound quite appetizing for the next few weeks. And alot of fish dishes as well. Not that I put any other recipes up on chicken or something...I don't think. Lol.
Anyways...this recipe is taken from the Food Network Canada website and it's by Ricardo Larrivee {show - Ricardo & Friends}. I know that I recently posted one by him as well and it's just a coincidence that I have this recipe by him again.
Anyways, try this side dish out, it's really really simple and quite short and let me know what you think of it!


Green Beans in White Wine Sauce

Ingredients
3/4 white wine
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely diced carrots
1/4 cup butter
1 pound green beans, blanched
salt and pepper


Directions
1. Place the wine, shallots and carrots in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce until only 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of liquid remain. Whisk in the butter and simmer until emulsified. Add the green beans and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Serve with roasted turkey breast. {Globetrotter Note: Serve with whatever you want! Like fishie! :))}


I told you this was a really really simple recipe.
I will go on the hunt for more for you guys! In the meantime, try this out and let me know what you think!


-S.*

(Image Source: Google.ca)

No comments:

Post a Comment