Friday, January 21, 2011

::recipe::

I think it is definitely time to try out a new recipe.
I try to be a health nut, to no avail, sometimes I just much rather have that huge poutine {fries with cheese and gravy} then a salad.
But, eating healthy doesn't mean that it also cannot be tasty. There are a slew of amazing recipes out there that will statisfy every tastebud in your mouth and keep you full so you won't have to think about making that clandestine trip to McD's. ;)
I am a huge fish lover. And salmon is one of my fave's & as many of you may know, fish is super healthy for you and kind to your waistline.
So here is a fabulous recipe that I found on the Canadian Living website that features the star; salmon.
And along the way there are a few tweaks that are done to make this salmon supper one to remember!
Bon Appetit! :)


Baked Salmon with Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffing
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen

Ingredients
4 oz (113 g) goat cheese, at room temperature
4 oz (113 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup (75 mL) drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
1 bag (10 oz/284 g) spinach, trimmed
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 centre-cut salmon fillet, 1 inch thick (3 lb/1.5 kg total)
2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, melted

Preparation
In bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, tomatoes and half each of the salt and pepper; set aside.
Rinse spinach; shake off excess water. In large saucepan, cover and cook spinach over medium heat, with just the water clinging to leaves, for 2 minutes. Stir in onions; cover and cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 minutes.
Transfer to sieve; let stand until cool enough to handle. Squeeze dry and finely chop. Stir into cheese mixture.
Place each salmon fillet, skin side down, on cutting board. At one end, cut between flesh and skin just enough to grip skin. Holding skin with paper towel and knife flat but without moving, pull skin back and forth to remove. Discard skin.
Spread spinach mixture over skinned side of 1 of the fillets, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border. Top with remaining fillet, skinned side down. Tie at 2-inch (5 cm) intervals. Place on greased rimmed baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 35 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested. Transfer to platter; remove string. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into quarters.


And there you go! That is it. :)
Sounds really delicious; and you can pair it with anything from seasonal veggies to some delicious rosemary red baby new potatoes. The posibilities are endless and delicious!
If you guys try this out then let me know what you think!


-S.*

(Source: Recipe @ Canadian Living / Image @ Google Images)

6 comments:

  1. Darn! I wish I had seen this recipe yesterday when I baked salmon. This sounds delicious and I'll definitely try this next time. Salmon's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is lovely, im obsessed!
    this makes me want salmon for dinner now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm, that's one good looking salmon ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for commenting!
    :)
    If you happen to try it then let me know what you think! ;)
    I might give it a shot this weekend.
    Stay tuned for more recipeeees!

    -Sandra.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks delicious! I will definitely try it out soon! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    I've been eating Clean since August, but whenever I have a 'cheat' meal, it's always, always poutine. I would definitely put that up there as my favorite food! =P

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete