Wednesday, May 04, 2011

::comfort:food::

I have been so obsessed with this potato roast that I made that I am going to post up yet another potato recipe. :)
This one I found in the Festive 2010 Kraft Canada magazine called What's Cooking.
It looks really delicious in the picture and it seems fairly simple enough - it's another "bake" type dish. So enough babbling - here you go!
Bon Appetit!


Baked Rosti Potatoes
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 1 hour 25 minutes
Makes: 8 servings

What You Need
2 tbsp. oil
2-1/2lbs Yukon gold potatoes {about 6} peeled and coarsely shredded
1-1/2 cups Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
1/2 cup flour
1 small onion, grated
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 egg, beaten

Make It
Heat oven to 400F
Brush oil onto bottom and up sides of 13x9-inch baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients except egg. Add egg; mix lightly. Press onto bottom of baking dish.
Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Make Ahead: Bake the potato-egg mixture ahead of time. Cool, then cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.


This recipe sounds simple enough and less prep work then the roast which had me thinly slicing a billion potatoes.
I think I will give this recipe a try this weekend and let you guys know how it turns out. I am not sure what I would pair this with ~ any thoughts?


-S.*

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks so delicious! I'm always leaving you comments saying I'm gonna make all the awesome stuff you put on your blog, and never get around to doing it!
    Need to get cooking for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete