Wednesday, June 01, 2011

::low:cal:meal::

Well, the sun is staying out longer and longer and the days grow longer...it's just after 9pm and it's beginning to get darker...the boyfriend is watching the Stanley Cup playoffs and the kitty and I are sitting here with Mr. MacBook blogging to our hearts content. I am super tired though and have a stack of magazines that I purchased yesterday to go through. My fitness ones that I love and will never stop buying. 
This is another recipe from the May 2011 issue of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food {mini} magazine. 
I found this and decided to share with the people that just need a quick little salad that doesn't include lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. ;)
This recipe is pretty interesting and I am excited to try it. I have been using beans more often in my cooking as well as tuna - the last time I heard about tuna and pasta I almost gagged {well, not literally}, but when I actually tried the recipe one day when I had absolutely nothing in the fridge I was super pleasantly surprised, the meal was a complete hit and I even loved it! 
So I hope this one surprises me just as the pasta dish did. 
More healthy dishes to fill your bellies!

Bon Appetit!


Green and White Bean Salad with Tuna

Ingredients
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 can {15.5 ounces} cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 can {5 ounces} solid white tuna packed in water, drained and broken into pieces
1/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini  {about 9}

Directions
1. In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cool water to stop the cooking, and pat try. 

2. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans, cannellini beans, onion, tuna, and pepperoncini and stir to combine. Serve immediately.

{Per Serve: 229 cal; 9 g fat (1 g sat fat); 15 g protein; 23 g carb; 8 g fiber}


A different recipe for you guys to try out as either a side dish or a salad-y entree. :)
Make sure you guys try these recipes out and let all of us know what you think! 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment