Thursday, June 02, 2011

::pasta:love::

I seriously adore pasta but can't eat much of it because I cannot for the life of me have a "normal" portion. As my Mom says, I eat like a farmer when it comes to spaghetti or anything to do with starchy noodles. When I cook pasta for the family or for friends or the bf, I make enough for an army. Just in case. ;) But, I think that once a week is okay to have a pasta meal as long as you have it in moderation and you have a *serving* which I need to learn the term of yet. But I couldn't resist but share this recipe with you guys when I saw it. I don't usually put nuts into my meals when I prepare them, but sometimes they add such a nice flair to the entire meal that you can't help but want to try putting nuts into everything; okay, maybe not everything - and get your mind outta the gutter guys! But anyways, here is the recipe! Sounds hearty and delicious and I can't wait to try some - well, a serving that is. ;)

Bon Appetit!


Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
Look for blanched hazelnuts, which should have most or all of their skins removed. 

Yield: 4 servings {serving size: about 1-1/2 cups pasta mixture, about 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tablespoon hazelnuts}

Ingredients
1 {9-ounce} package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
3 {4-ounce} packages presliced exotic mushroom blend
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

Preparation
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. 

2. While water for pasta comes to a boil, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add hazelnuts to pan; saute for 3 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Saute mushroom mixture for 5 minutes; stir in sage. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; toss well to combine. Remove from heat; top with cheese, toasted hazelnuts, and chives. 


I really am a huge mushroom lover and try to incorporate as many veggies as possible into my meals and it's pretty simple to include these guys in almost any meal of the day - breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This recipe sounds realllly good and mushrooms can be very hearty when incorporated into a meal. Let me know if you guys would add anything else to this recipe. :) 


-S.*

{Source: MyRecipes.Com}

3 comments:

  1. We have the same eating habits! I love starch in general. I can't wait to try this recipe out! I don't really do mushrooms but the Hubby would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is a big carnivore though, I might have to add beef to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beef sounds like a great idea! My boyfriend would love that as well. Thanks for the tip! If you try it out, let me know what you think! :D

    -Sandra.*

    ReplyDelete