Thursday, July 07, 2011

::fitness:doll::

I remember almost a year ago around this time I was playing with the idea of starting a blog but didn't really know how to go about it. When I did finally decide to start I toyed around with ideas as to what the blog would entail. I figured I would do a lifestyle blog...write about fitness, fashion, food and the like...but I sort of went off track at times...I wrote a lot in the beginning and then I stopped writing...I felt like whatever I wrote was totally stupid and that no one would even bother reading what I would have to say. 
To this day I still don't know if people actually read the little blurbs I go on about...I guess for me though it's a bit cathartic to be able to be creative and just know that it's out there somewhere and I can always go back to it. 
A lot of my posts are editorials and recipes but I want to go into sharing more about fitness, diet and health tips as well...share some information that I see in magazines or books or other websites that maybe some of you may not have realized existed. 
I've mentioned before that I love my magazines and I tend to hoard them, especially my fitness ones...I think this would also be a good time too to share because I myself need to listen to my own advice sometimes. I am not in the best of shape and to be quite honest am a little ashamed of the way I look at times and for some reason I am doing nothing about it...I definitely need to start rethinking certain things and start getting healthy. 
Anyways, I always think that a bit of motivation goes a longggg way...so I am going to post some fitness babes on here with a Q&A that I find on some blog or mag sites. 
Fitness Rx is a new magazine that I have been picking up lately with a TUN of great tips and motivational stories.
To be honest, my goal for my body is not to be scary skinny like some models that can be seen on this blog but more the likes of women that eat clean and train their bodies, like Zuzana Light, Ava Cowan, Amber Elizabeth or Jillian Michaels. 
I want a healthy body that can carry me throughout the day so that I don't feel exhausted by the end of it. A body that is ready to start the day and tackle anything that gets in the way. So I am going to start with fitness and cover model Jessica Putnam. 
A little Q&A that was done with her by Fitness Rx and definitely a great inspiration.


First time FitnessRx cover model and IFBB Bikini Pro Jessica Putnam is the new "It Girl" these days. She's got what all men want and the body all girls wish they had! On top of that, she's a successful bikini competitor and married to one of the hottest professional bodybuilders around. Behind the hot bod and pretty face you'll find a sweet girl with a great head on her shoulders. Check out on of her favorite fat-blaster workouts on page 55. of the December 2010 issue of FitnessRx for Women. But we want to hear about her fun side too! In this Cover Model Insider, we asked Jessica some things you won't find in the magazine - so check it out!

FRxW: What's the top 10 songs on your iPod?
Jessica: This is a really random mix, lol.
This is Who I Am - Third Day
My Morning Song - Black Crowes
Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
Boys - Britney Spears
Dirty Rich - Lady Gaga
Slave for You - Britney Spears
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Like a G6 - Far East Movement, The Cataracs & Dev
Lift Up Your Face - Third Day

FRxW: What's in your lunch box?
Jessica: Hmmm....6 meals, so, ALOT! Lol. I always carry a shaker with a scoop of Optimum Nutrition's Platinum HydroWhey.

FRxW: What's your ultimate cheat meal?
Jessica: I LOVE chips, salsa, fajita's and a good margarita. :)



FRxW: What's in your gym bag?
Jessica: My iPod, earphones, wallet, phone, and lip gloss. :)

FRxW: What's your favorite body part to train and why?
Jessica: I have a love/hate relationship with training legs/glutes. That is one of my weaker body parts so I LOVE to destroy my legs in the gym, but MAN does it hurt...so good. ;)

FRxW: Describe your dream job.
Jessica: I am blessed to have my dream job! I am a professional bikini/figure pro, American Bodybuilding/Optimum Nutrition sponsored athlete, fitness model, and personal trainer. It is awesome to get to do what I love for a living. 

FRxW: If you could be a superhero, what kind of superhero would you be and why?
Jessica: Hmmm....I would love to be able to read people's minds, how fun would that be?!
FRxW: Have you always been a blonde? And do you believe that blondes have more fun?
Jessica: Yep, I have always been a blonde...I do believe blondes have more fun...no clue why, but I'm stickin' to it. ;) Lol. Really though, it is all in your attitude and the way you rock whatever hair colour you have. 

FRxW: What's in your supplement arsenal?
Jessica: Optimum Nutrition's (ON) Platinum HydroWhey, ON's Glutamine, ON's Women's Multi-Vitamin, American Bodybuilding's Diet Turbo Tea. 

FRxW: Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, what's your favorite part of Thanksgiving and favorite Thanksgiving day indulgence?
Jessica: I truly enjoy spending time with my husband and our extended family...do I have to pick just one? Lol, I love mashed potatoes and I'm normally not a sweets person, but I LOVE pumpkin roll! 

Article written by Shoshana Pritzker on Tuesday, November 2, 2010; 16:43.


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment