Friday, July 08, 2011

::recipe::

The last little while I have been doing absolutely terrible on my dieting...I mean, I have ate pizza, Mary Brown's, pasta, you name it...now, these all don't sound too bad if you eat them in moderation...but I eat a crapload of it. And I really need to stop. 
I am getting quite hungry right now and lunch is just around the corner and I am unsure of what to get...if there is fish 'n' chips up there I am going to diiiiiie. How do I pass something up like fish 'n' chips?! Seriously!! 
But to be honest, as I have said before, I really need to reconsider the lifestyle that I am living and put in forth an effort to get healthier...maybe I'll start tomorrow though. ;) Lol!

Bon Appetit!


Tuna Cakes
Tuna in olive oil usually has no vegetable-broth filler {common in fish packed in soybean oil or water}, so the flavor is better.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
3 cans {6 ounces each} tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
1/3 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 jalapeno chile {ribs and seeds removed}, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup prepared salsa

Directions
In a large bowl, stir together tuna, egg, cilantro, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and jalapeno. Mix gently until ingredients just hold together. 

Using a packed 1/3-cup measure of tuna mixture per patty, shape into 8 cakes. 

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Working in batches if necessary, cook cakes until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot, accompanied by salsa, and garnish with cilantro sprigs. 


Super easy to make! Hope you enjoy!
Ps. No cilantro for me. I will sub parsley or green onion. :)


-S.*

{Source: Martha Stewart Website}

1 comment: