Wednesday, August 17, 2011

::shrimp::

Well my Mom definitely knows me and how crazy I am about shrimp so she sent me this delicious salad recipe that she found on the Real Simple website and I decided I'm going to share this one with you guys. I am definitely going to try this recipe out sometime this week - just sounds heavenly! AND healthy!
Will let you know how it turns out {no doubt, fabulous} and if you beat me to it, then you guys fill me in as well! :)

Bon Appetit!


Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Shrimp

Serves: 4
Hands-On Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min

Ingredients
1/2 head Romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into thin strips {8 cups}
1 pound cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut in half crosswise
1/2 English cucumber, chopped
1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed; or a heaping 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, soaked and cooked
1/2 medium sweet onion {such as Vidalia or Walla Walla}, chopped
3/4 cup crumbled Feta {about 3 ounces}
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 cups pita chips, broken into pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper

Directions
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, shrimp, cucumber, chickpeas, onion, Feta, olives, and pita chips with the oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper.


I think that was the fastest recipe I have posted thus far. Lol. And it sounds soooo delicious! I might pass on the olives, as I am not a huge fan...but I can just imagine how each of these ingredients brings their own BURST of flavor to the plate. :)
Happy healthy-belly eating!!!


PS. Thanks Mom!!! <3


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment