Tuesday, August 02, 2011

::summer:food::

Hello Everyone!
Definitely has been a while since I have written.
I have been healing up pretty well with regards to my tailbone and should be good as new pretty soon...I won't have to be so cautious with regards to how I sit, etc. 
We had a lovely long weekend - the weather was absolutely gorgeous. The boyfriend and I definitely got a bit of sun {mind you I recommend wearing sunscreen!}. The weekend was filled with great food, great company, some wine and margarita's, bonfire's and boating. It was definitely a relaxing way to spend the weekend. :)
Now we are back to the grind and after tomorrow it will be approximately one month until my bf and I are on our way to a 2 week adventure in California. Gunna see my Mom and Pops and have a great time. I am very much looking forward to this trip and am quite excited as well. Definitely have to start saving up some dough so that we can go on some shopping spree's. :)
I am hoping everyone else had a really great weekend!
I am definitely beginning to harbor some resentment towards the weather network people though for tricking us constantly with regards to our city getting some freakin' rain! My garden needs it! And I just want to relax and listen to the raindrops. I don't care anymore if we get thunder-boomers or not. Just give me SOME RAIN!!! 
Which, we are apparently supposed to get tonight but we shall see. 
I also would like to share with you guys that we are back on track with our health kick and are to begin going back to the gym and definitely eating healthier.
I am definitely craving fava beans and some shrimp. :) 
Our diet is going to begin consisting of a lot of veggies and seafood since it's low in cals, healthy and definitely good for you. 
Going to begin eating light, eating lots of soups as well {clear, not creamy!} and taking care of our bodies. :D 
I haven't posted a recipe in quite some time and as always I am loving Martha Stewart's Everyday Food mini-mag as well as the site; so this is where I got this next healthy recipe from so I hope you guys give it a try and enjoy!

Bon Appetit!


Salmon with Sweet Corn, Tomato and Avocado Relish
If you can't find salmon with the skin on, skinless will work, too. 
Adapted from "Emeril at the Grill" {HarperStudeio, 2009}

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
2 ears corn, husks and silks removed
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 avocados, halved, pitted, and diced
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Vegetable oil, for grates
4 skin-on salmon fillets {6 ounces each}
1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning

Directions
In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 4 minutes. Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. To bowl, add tomatoes, avocados, onion, parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.

Heat grill to medium-high. Clean and oil hot grates. Rub fish with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish, skin side down, until skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes {if fish does not release easily, cook a bit longer}. Using a thin spatula, flip fish and cook until slightly pink in center, about 4 minutes more, depending on thickness of fillet. Serve salmon with corn relish. 

Cook's Note
Be sure the grill is hot, and oil the grates well before cooking the fish -- this will prevent it from sticking. 


I am going to definitely try and post up more delicious/healthy meals for you guys...I am also going to try and "broaden my horizons" and find some recipes that can be cooked up for breakfast or as snacks as well. I know that I mostly do dinners but that is because dinner is my favorite meal of the day. :)
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you! 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment