Friday, October 07, 2011

::winter:veg::

It's upsetting to me when you go out to eat and you get a meal and it's one of the worst things ever. That just happened to me. 
I work at a University and we are supposed to have one of the best cafs ever and to be honest, it really isn't that great.  
I just had the worst lunch and it was greasy and just gross and I didn't even finish half of it. It was that bad and now I regret what I just ate and it was such a waste of calories and I feel like a freakin' whale! Thanks work/Uni caf! You ruined my Friday!
No you didn't. Lol.

Time for a recipe!
I don't believe that I have ever tried acorn squash before. 
To be quite honest, it isn't something that I randomly crave or even remotely want to try out. But I did see the photo of this recipe and it didn't look half bad and looks like it would go amazingly with a Thanksgiving menu. 
This recipe does call for brown sugar - which I'm not sure how I feel about. I tend to steer clear of recipes that call for any type of sugar on your vegetables.
Who know's what this tastes like, but you might as well try and find out. :)

Bon Appetit!


Glazed Squash
You can start a day or two beforehand on the dishes that will complete your holiday menu: Slice squash up to a day ahead; refrigerate in a resealable plastic bag. Once cooked, squash can sit at room temperature, covered, for up to two hours. 
Everyday Food, November 2006

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 8

Ingredients
Vegetable oil, for baking sheets
3 acorn squashes {about 1-1/2 pounds each}, halved, seeded, and sliced into 1-inch thick crescents
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar


Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil, and brush with oil. 
Lay squash pieces on baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle squashes evenly with half the sugar. 
Roast until sugar has melted, about 5 minutes. 
Remove baking sheets from oven. Using tongs, turn over pieces. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly with remaining sugar. 
Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. 



-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment