Tuesday, November 01, 2011

::a:little:fish::

One of my favorite types of fish is definitely salmon. When I was growing up we usually only ever had salmon on special occasions, since it's quite expensive; especially for a family of four. 
Lately though, I have been buying salmon more often...usually when it is on sale and it's gotten a bit cheaper since back in the day. I also love smoked salmon and try and get that too - cheaper then fresh. 
Regardless, I love the creamy texture and mild taste of it. It goes great with pretty much anything. In a salad, on a bagel, as the star of the show with a side of veggies or mashed potatoes. I personally would never eat salmon from a can - the only canned fish I'll eat is tuna...
This next recipe calls for it as the main focus and looks delicious. 
It also incorporates capers - which up until a year or so ago I would NEVER touch but it is good and packs quite the punch with regards to flavor. 
Salmon and capers are definitely best friends; along with dill. :)
You can probably substitute a lot of the ingredients if you wanted to; either way, give it a shot and let me know what you think. :) 

Bon Appetit!


Salmon Salad with Parsley and Capers
A beautifully poached piece of salmon, clean tasting and light, is a terrific summer meal. The technique really has only one rule: Don't overcook. The salmon should be cooked ever so gently in barely simmering liquid until the center is just slightly translucent. 
Everyday Food, June 2009

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped capers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 6-ounce fillets simple poached salmon
1/2 cup fresh parsley

Directions
In a large bowl, combine red onion, red-wine vinegar, capers, olive oil, and salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Add salmon and parsley.


Definitely think this is one of the easiest recipes I have ever posted. Lol.


-S.*

1 comment:

  1. mmm this looks delicious, i love salmon too but my fave is rainbow trout!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete