Tuesday, November 08, 2011

::tortellini:in:broth::


There are so many recipes out there that I want to try now...tonight I am not sure if I am going to make the tortellini soup or the shrimp one. I guess I will go with the shrimp one since that is the one I was initially going to make and then the tortellini one tomorrow night. 
Over the weekend my boyfriend and I were watching Jamie Oliver on the Food Network. He made one recipe that was super interesting. Instead of using romaine lettuce, bib or iceberg he subbed it for bean sprouts. That is ingenius! I love bean sprouts so I thought this was a great idea and a new twist on salads. I think I will try this out as Thursday nights meal and see how that turns out. 
I am going to try and take pictures of the recipes I will be making this week as well to share with you guys and let you know how easy or difficult it was making them and what I thought of it in general. 
I am not sure if my boyfriend is going to be too happy with the fact that shrimp is a main ingredient in this soup {as he isn't a huge shrimp fan} but I am hoping it turns out great. 
Anyways....here is another recipe that I will be making. Looks delish. Instead of the escarole though I am going to sub it with mushrooms. I love mushrooms in soups and I think the two would go great together...you could probably even put in spinach or sausage into this recipe as well.

Bon Appetit! 


Tortellini in Broth with Escarole
Everyday Food, October 2003

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
3 cans {14.5 ounces each} reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 dried bay leaf
1 small head escarole, trimmed and cut into 1.5-inch pieces
1 pound cheese tortellini
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
Combine broth, 2 cups water, and bay leaf in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. 
Add escarole; cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 15 seconds.
Add tortellini; cook until they float to the top, 4 to 5 minutes. 
Discard bay leaf, and season soup with salt and pepper. To serve, ladle into bowls.


My stomach is rumbling like crazy. 
Just thought I'd share that. Lol.


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment