Thursday, November 24, 2011

::walnutty:gifts::

So I'm getting into the Christmas spirit and watched my first Christmasy movie yesterday! Jingle All The Way!
Yea, that's right, I freakin' love Arnold. And this movie is awesome. 
Not sure what is on the agenda for tonight since there is no Leaf game, but the list includes; in no particular order...
1. I'll Be Home for Christmas
2. Christmas with the Kranks
3. The Santa Clause
4. White Christmas
5. The Family Stone
6. Little Women
7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
8. The Ref
9. Scrooged
10. Home Alone
11. Four Christmases
12. Rudolph
13. Nightmare Before Christmas
Also some movies that remind me of Christmas would be something like Fifth Element. Don't ask. I would just ALWAYS watch this movie around Christmastime, oh and get ready for it..Dracula. Random, I know. Who needs Twilight...
Along with TombRaider. That's all I can think of for now. Lol. 
Oh OH! And anything and everything Jackie Chan. The year before last I went on a mission to find and own every Jackie Chan movie {I am almost there} and when decorating I would watch them. So they are my go to Christmas movies as well. Lol. 
One question...
Every single list you go to for Top Christmas Movies, Die Hard is on there....ummm...why? 
Just curious. I may put that on my roster to watch as well, but I just found it super random that every list would include that movie...I know the movie takes place on Christmas Eve...but isn't there a lot of...um...dying in it? Not very festive. Lol. 
Anyways! Another recipe is due! This is the second one for the little nutty gifts thing I posted about yesterday. 
This one is less sweet and more funky, if you will. ;)

Bon Appetit!


Rosemary and Thyme Walnuts
Even the girl who has it all could use an energy boost. Walnuts' protein will keep her going strong.
Makes 2 cups.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk 5 tsp olive oil with 5 tsp pure maple syrup and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Stir in 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary and 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme. Add 2 cups walnut halves; toss well to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 
Bake until fragrant and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme and 1/4 tsp kosher salt. 
Cool completely. 

The Dish 228 calories per 1/4 cup, 22g fat {2g saturated}, 7g carbs, 2g fibre, 4g protein. 


Another great recipe for you guys to try out and use as a gift! :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment