Tuesday, January 17, 2012

::crepes:&:rain::

Soooo....I finally got the recipe {my Grandma's} from me Mamma for crepes...they definitely didn't turn out as lovely as they make them but they were still pretty good and I just thought I would share that with you guys...I am not sharing that recipe though. As it is our secret...
That was random. I know. 
But anyways, what I am trying to say is that I made crepes last night for dinner. Usually I had them at home with some jam - all rolled up - maybe a dusting of sugar? And they were delicious. Or crepes with Nutella....not that it sounds appetizing to me anymore as I don't enjoy chocolate at all. 
I made a chicken and broccoli concoction that went into the crepes {folded over} with a mushroom gravy sauce {it was yummmy} over it. And it turned out pretty good! The boyfriend loved it, so that is always a bonus. 
Still need to work on my crepe making skills but I think with time I will be as masterful as my Mom and Grandma. :) 

Anyways, today it is a totally RAINY and SUPER FOGGY day. Seriously?! This is the middle of Winter IN CANADA!!! AND IT'S +4C!!! This is insanity...and a little creepy...and it's supposed to also be +8C on Sunday....weird. Not that I am complaining...
Well, not that I really care because I am not outside freezing my tush off half the time {unless in Toronto...than I would be complaining since I would have to walk everywhere} but I am really beginning to wonder when the snow will come.
I am not a huge fan of overcast dreary days, but a day like this, super dark, foggy, rainy, tepid and all doom & gloom {just kidding}, I LIKE! :) 
So, I am going to use this weather as an excuse to stay in bed for most of the day and just be a total sloth. 
This will give me an opportunity to blog as much as I can as well. Since I haven't been on here too often. 

So, I shall blog, listen to Sting with my kittycat and figure out some recipes to share with you guys {particularly from the Rachel Ray cookbook}. 
Oh, my interview went rather well too...I just really hope I get the job! Fingers crossed! We shall see, but if I don't, than it isn't the end of the world and I just keep on looking. 

I am also trying to figure out how I can spend $100 on glitter eyeliner that I adore {which is going to be discontinued} without my boyfriend knowing...hmmmm....tricky. 
Tricky, tricky, tricky.

Oh, and it's new magazine day. :) I just hope I find a freakin' store in this hicktown I live in {not really a hicktown} where the employees actually put the magazines out on time. 



-S.*

2 comments:

  1. I have a secret crepe recipe too... my french exchange taught it to our family years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious though, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete