Thursday, July 19, 2012

::mcalister:potatoes::

Okay...I found the most ridiculous recipe in Guy Fieri's cookbook...and when I say ridiculous, I mean that my stomach is screaming for me to either make this recipe ASAP or just eat the damn book itself. 
I can't even describe this recipe...so...let's just get on with it. 
It can be found on page 322. 

Bon Appetit!


McAlister Potatoes
"It may seem as if I have a lot going on, but I'm pretty consistent in my style and habits. For example, I never go to somebody's house without bringing something, and I've always got to be cooking -- I take over people's kitchens about 90 percent of the time. So of course when I went over to my culinary director Korina McAlister's house one night before she worked with me, I came rolling in with this potato dish. Korina, her husband, "Jimmy Mac," and their kids, Dixie and Mason {Jimmy's from Tennessee}, loved them so much that they made them themselves the next night! So when I got ready to do the recipe on the show, I put them out there as McAlister Potatoes. It's all about tribute!"

Serves 6-8

Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped drained Peppadew peppers
1/4 cut white wine
3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
3/4 pound bacon, diced
2 yellow onions, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, peppadews, and wine. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

2. In a large stockpot, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons salt, and water to cover. Turn the heat to high, bring to a boil, and cook until fork-tender. 

3. Meanwhile, in a lage skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon and onion until the onion browned. Add the garlic and cook 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, leaving the fat in the pan. Sprinkle the bacon and onion mixture on a serving platter and keep warm. 

4. Drain the potatoes and spread them on a baking sheet. Using a clean kitchen towel over your hand, smash the hot potatoes to approximately 1/3--inch thick. Season them with salt and pepper. 

5. Reheat the fat in the skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Working in batches and adding more oil as needed, brown the potatoes on both sides until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes, then transfer them to the platter with the bacon mixture. 

6. Top the potatoes with Parmesan and then with the sour cream mixture. 


I really shouldn't be posting recipes right now...late into the night. I am starving and my stomach is eating itself! Lol. But seriously, this recipe sounds INCREDIBLE! Let me know if you guys try this out and what you thought.
I am DEFINITELY going to make this for a cheat meal at some point in the future. ;))


-S.*

{Source: Image from Google Images}

No comments:

Post a Comment