Friday, June 07, 2013

::pasta:salad:day::

In The Kitchen...

I deem this day...pasta salad day!!! I have a bunch of pasta salad recipes that I want to try...the salad bar at work lately has been subpar to say the least so I am thinking I will make my own delicious pasta salad and take it with me to work. You can make a tun and it will be good for a few days. Travis and I can save money on our lunches as well. So I am going to share a bunch of pasta salad recipes with you guys today...try one and let me know what you think. My dilemma is which one to try first. ;)
I love pesto...so am going to share this one with you guys first. ;) 

Bon Appetit!

Creamy Pesto-Pasta Salad
Prep: 15 min // Total Time: 1 hour 15 min // Serves: 6

What You Need
3/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup Miracle Whip Original Spread
2-1/2 cups rotini pasta, cooked, drained
1/2 cup sliced black olives
3 Tbsp. chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Make It
MIX pesto and Miracle Whip in large bowl until well blended. 
ADD remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour. 


That is literally it. I love how simple and quick pasta salads are as well. With this one, I will probably omit the olives {not a fan} and as someone suggested on the Kraft Canada website where this recipe came from; I will probably add bacon. Maybe even some baked chicken or shrimps {here I go with the shrimps again}. You can pretty much add whatever your heart desires into pasta salad and that is what is so great about it. :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment