Monday, July 15, 2013

::bookworm::

Bookworm...

What a weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it and had a good time, unfortunately they are too short. There should be two day work weeks and 5 day weekends! ;) 
It was a really busy one too, which coaxed the weekend along in going by so fast. On Saturday morning Travis and I were able to make it to the market {with Lou'e in tow of course} and we picked up some fresh veggies. Next time I am definitely going to pick up a little bouquet of flowers. They have such pretty ones. But Travis seemed rushed and it made me feel rushed so we were only at the market for a half hour. Maybe next time. 
He helped his family move and I did a thorough cleaning of our apartment. 
We received a gift card from our great friend; Kevin, to The Keg {steakhouse}. Travis, of course, ordered steak and I ordered lobster. I have had lobster at Red Lobster, but that ain't 'real' lobster...and The Keg is a little bit expensive so you know you are getting fresh ingredients on your plate. The lobster was awesome! At first I couldn't decide between the King Crab or the lobster {trying King Crab next time} but lobster won. I really enjoyed the claws, the lobster tail was a little more chewy. Dipping into the butter sauce...heavenly! I can only imagine how many calories was in that little bowl of butter though. 
I shared with Travis and he enjoyed it too. :)
Sunday was a lazy bum day and I made delicious chili for the week {I know, I am crazy to make piping hot chili in the middle of a heat wave here in Ontario}. 
Over all, it was fantastic! I just wish it were a bit longer...and I am moving along pretty good in my Game of Thrones book. So much going on! ;) 
Anyways...you know me, I am obsessed with books and it's been a while since I shared some new books that are out that look intriguing. So here ya go! Some new books that I would completely devour in one sitting. ;) 

Eat to Lose, Eat to Win: Your Grab-n-Go Action Plan for a Slimmer, Healthier You by Rachel Beller - $18.25 CA
This books apparently changes your entire view on food and what you consume, at least this is what a lot of the reviewers have stated. Rachel Beller is a nutritionist and indeed will change your views on proper consumption and what you should be eating...even the stuff you think is 'healthy', isn't necessarily so. 
Since I am studying this, I find this interesting and am eager to see what sort of opinions Rachel has on food and diet. 


The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You - $16.62 CA
I all of a sudden have this slight obsession with Jessica Alba. Probably because she is so freakin' stunning and she has had how many kids and looks the way she does. So of course I am going to eat this book up and try and take in as many tips as she dishes out...maybe I will transform into her twin by the end of the book. ;) Definitely eager to see this one. 

The Feast Nearby: How I lost my job, buried a marriage, and found my way by keeping chickens, foraging, preserving, bartering, and eating locally (all on $40 a week) by Robin Mather - $17.16 CA
This one is a new memoir that was suggested to me when going through books...I love how Amazon suggests books to your taste. This sort of reminds me of Under the Tuscan Sun - and who doesn't love that book?


Nigellissima: Easy Italian-Inspired Recipes by Nigella Lawson - $28.22 CA
I remember when I was younger, I would wake up at 5am on school days...so that I could watch Chef Michael Smith and Nigella Lawson before going to school...I was hardcore and this is when my love for food began. I soon began dabbling with recipes and cooking at home. Nigella is definitely a domestic goddess and her books are always full of great recipes and beautiful photo's. And again, another Italian-inspired cookbook. I don't have much of those...so need to start building that up in my collection.


Last but not least...


Recipes and Dreams from an Italian Life by Tessa Kiros - $22.56 CA
This is another one by Tessa that I stumbled upon when reading Candice Kumai's blog, who is apparently a very big fan. I also hear that Kiros' books are...beautiful. 
Who doesn't want a beautiful cookbook?? And an Italian one at that. ;) 

Which one of these books interests you? And if you have read through any of them, what are your opinions? 
Make sure to comment! :))


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment